A simple guide to using SD Card in JioFi with the help of a USB cable on your PC and using Wifi on your Phone/PC.
Benefits of Using Micro SD Card in JioFi:
- Access Your SD Card from Multiple devices.
- Access Your SD Card without inserting it into the Phone
- Anyone connected with your JioFi can use the SD Card using a password
How to Use SD Card in JioFi?
Before I jump to the Steps of using the SD Card in the JioFi device let me explain two ways that you can access your SD Card in the JioFi.
(Download or Open the image below in the new tab to see it clearly.)
If you want to use your Micro SD Card in JioFi with the help of a USB Connection then you need to change the setting to Local Storage in the JioFi Setting panel.
If you want to use Your Micro SD Card in the JioFi by using the JioFi Wifi then you need to change the Setting to Wifi Storage in the JioFi Setting Panel.
Follow These Steps to Access Your SD Card in JioFi:
Note: Make Sure you have inserted a working SD Card in Your JioFi device and You are connected to the JioFi either by Wifi or USB cable.
[Login Username and Password => “administrator”]
- Visit http://jiofi.local.html and log in.
- Then Go to Settings first and then click on Storage in settings.
- Check whether The Storage Mode is Wifi Storage or Local Storage.
- If it’s Wifi Storage visit: “http://jiofi.local.html/sdcard.html”
- If you see Storage Username & Password you can set it to protect your SD Card from Wifi Access.
- All Set now You or anybody that is connected with your JioFi can access Your SD Card using Wifi.
- To Use your SD Card in JioFi with a USB Cable turn the Storage Mode to Local Storage.
- Then Your JioFi Device will restart and Connect your JioFi Device using a USB Cable.
- You will See an Extra drive, on Your Laptop/PC You can access your SD card now.
- Please Note You can use only one mode at a time, either access your SD Card on Wifi or Access using the USB Cable.
Note: If you do not see any Storage Username and password option in WiFi Storage Option Please turn it to Local Storage Setting. Because anybody connected to your JioFi Wifi can access your JioFi under Wifi Storage Option.
To get Detail tutorial watch this video in Hindi – How to Use your SD Card in JioFi: